Sunday, January 24, 2010

my house




This is how I made a house from cardboard.
I cut up an old cardboard box to make the walls.
It wasn't high enough so I put more cardboard on top and to keep it together I used paddle pop sticks glued on with the hot glue gun.




You can reinforce the side with extra cardboard to hold it so it doesn't fall over.
I cut some holes in it for windows and a door.
I used string that ran through a hole in the back to make the door and windows open and close.



Moving onto the roof.
The roof is an entire separate piece that can come off.
Get some cardboard and fold it to make an angle.
Next cut a piece of cardboard for the bottom of the roof the same size as the house or a little bigger.
Tape the cardboard so that it is attached to the bottom of the roof.
Next cut two cardboard triangles for the gables and glue or tape them on.
You may need someone to help you do this bit because it is hard to do with only two hands.
Your house is now finished and you can paint it how you like.



I used red paint for the house and chrome spray paint for the roof.


SAM THE MAN'S TIP: Be careful when you use a hot glue gun as they can burn.

1 comment: